Join us for this special series of talks that explore the broad definition of "book" in contemporary artistic practice.
- Keynote address by Amos Paul Kennedy, Jr.;
- Making Books, presented by Simon Goode, founder and director of the London Centre for Book Arts;
- The Constellation Metaphor, presented by Karen Kunc, artist, educator, and founder of Constellation Studios;
- Book Arts in Havana, presented by Steven Daiber, proprietor of Red Trillium Press;
- We Are What We Do, presented by Angie Butler, letterpress scholar, University of the West of England;
- Report from the Field: Papermaking as Community Catalyst, presented by Mary Hark, Professor in Design Studies at the University of Wisconsin, Madison;
- Medium to Message: Art as Culture-making/Public-making, a panel discussion with artists Sam Gould, Lacey Prpić Hedtke, Regula Russelle, and Elana Schwartzman, and moderated by Monica Edwards Larson.